Friday, March 31, 2006

Mike & Mad Dog: 76 wins for Pirates in '06

My brother called from Connecticut--he's a Red Sox fan, naturally--to tell me that he heard Mike & Mad Dog* on the radio predict 76 wins for the Pirates this year. They attributed the improvement, such as it is, to (1) the additions of Casey, Burnitz, and Randa, (2) the good young pitching, and (3) "a manager with a brain."

I'm okay with reasons (2) and (3), but not with (1). It's also odd to root for a team for which a prediction of 76 wins seems like good news.

* a tip of the hat to anonymous commenter for correcting me on this

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it might have been Mike and the Mad Dog on WFAN rather than Mike and Mike on ESPN radio. Chris Russo took the over for the Pirates this afternoon although I missed his analysis.

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home