Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Ollie, you've been told

Albert Pujols:

"I respect this game just like everybody else. When I see a guy like that with the talent he has disrespecting the game ... that might be the way he pitches, I don't care ... but when you start pointing and looking at the player when you strike somebody out, that's disrespecting the player," he said. "I probably shouldn't have taken it to that level where I threw my bat like that. But at that moment I was pretty upset. I don't care what the media said in Pittsburgh last week, because they don't know why I did it. Now I'm glad I got the opportunity to say it."

2 Comments:

Blogger Rory said...

When Pujols says, "When I see a guy like that with the talent he has disrespecting the game..." I thought it meant disrespect in the sense of, you call what that guy does pitching?

12:41 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

That was what I initially thought too. I can see how Ollie's act would get old as a hitter, but I wonder if Pujols would have the balls to say that if Ollie still had his 98 mph heater.

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home