Sunday, May 07, 2006

The Pirates are turning me into Bob Smizik

I'm deeply concerned about the way my views about the Pirates are converging with those of Bob Smizik, the Miniver Cheevy of sports columnists. Smizik's combination of relentless negativity and uninformed opinion used to drive me insane, and I've had a couple of letters to the editor published over the years in reaction to it. These days, whenever he writes about the Pirates, I find myself agreeing with him.

This tells me that I have become relentlessly negative about the Pirates--but how can any sane person not be?

I really need a new hobby. I don't want to be Bob Smizik.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

I don't read Smizik's columns for a number of reasons. It's mostly that he usually just turns out crap that he knows will get people worked up, sometimes he's right and sometimes he's wrong, but he rarely cares. It's also because whenever I find myself agreeing with him, I begin to question my insanity.

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home