Monday, July 03, 2006

The path of the righteous man...

Hey guys.

I realize I haven't posted in over a month, so I thought I'd check in with a few thoughts on recent events.

Obviously, this team is in the shitter. But in some ways, I'm not complaining. The more this team loses, the closer we are to seeing change.

However, I couldn't be happier for Bay and Sanchez. Despite Bay's suspicious rise to the top of the OF charts, he really did deserve to start. He's been one of the best offensive players in the game since last year, and no one has really given him due credit.

And Sanchez has to just feel so good right now. For one, he's on the All-Star team. But more importantly, he showed everyone in this organization who doubted him that he can play at an All-Star level. As Jules from Pulp Fiction loves to recite, "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men" (Ezekiel 25:17). For Sanchez to reach his current level of stardom and success, he had to withstand the doubt of coaches like McClendon and Tracy. These are the "evil men." But now Sanchez "shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness", delivering key hit after key hit, or hell, we might as well say hit after hit (the man can hit, I don't care what they say about him). He's keeping us in games against incredible opponents, though the bullpen and select lineup-mates aren't making it easy for him.

Anyway, congratulations to both guys. You are "truly your brother's keeper and the finder of lost children".

I've been taking classes at CMU this summer and unless I get in the shower I'm gonna be late for my first one of the day. So, Buccos keep losing. Sanchez and Bay keep fighting the good fight. Castillo, grow the f*** up.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wondered where you been. Worried maybe the Zona game put you in the psych ward.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Billy said...

Well, it's not uncommon for residents of such facilities to quote scripture, but that's off topic.

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home